No.1 was built by Baldwin of Philadelphia, USA in 1897 (No 15511) as a 2-6-0 tender locomotive for the Mogyana Railway in Brazil. It was sold by them to the Santa Teresa Sugar Mill, where it was converted to 2'-6' gauge. Out of use in 1976 it was brought to the UK in 1990. Restoration and re-gauging back to 1'-113/4'' was started but carried out to a very poor standard and subsequently abandoned. The locomotive was purchased in 2002. It is now being rebuilt into a 2-6-2 tender locomotive weighing 45 tons. Now largely complete but awaiting the completion of the new boiler which is now under construction in our Pant workshop.